background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Columbus Family







Top row: Jordan (holding Andry who belongs to Mino and Liva), Liva (holding our Lucy) and Mino who are from Madagascar, Debra (holding Nikki) and Arturo who are from Guatamala

Bottom Row: Yours truely (holding Lily Kins), Gary and Elisa Elisa is a recent BYU MBA grad who interned here last year and is now working full time at Cummins - another awesome side note, she was baptized while in the MBA program! Gary and Elisa are a fun couple from China. Adam is on the far right. 

As Mino said last Sunday during Sunday School when she was talking about the BYU intern group "It's not like we're family, we ARE family."


And I agree 100%. I love the church network - how else would we be able to move to a completely new town, but instantly have a loving network upon which we can rely so heavily upon each other.  Within just the first week we all became close friends and I can honestly say that I look up to each of them - Whenever we get together, I always feel like I come away a better person from their influences. 


Tonight we did an international pot luck and it was delicious! I brought Key Lime bars and Blue Bell Ice Cream. Midwest- I'm sorry- I'm not sold on Blue Bell Ice Cream. We also had Madagascar's version of Cantonese rice, Cabbage and Tofu, and Rice, Beans and Chicken in delicious sauce. 











No comments:

Post a Comment