background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

I love Lucy





I love that she gives me several pats on the back when I rescue her from her crib each morning

I love that she's so active. She refuses to sit in her high chair for even a few seconds. She has to stand, and then I have to keep her from crawling onto the table.

I love that bathing her, changing her, buckling her into the car seat, or anything that requires her to stay still for a minute makes me feel like I'm in a rodeo.

I love her feet

I love how much she adores her big sister

I love how she rhythmically chants, "Da-Da-Da-Da" when she's happy- particularly when we're dancing or going outside.

I love that when her big sister is sleeping she can rummage through Lily's bin of toys to pick out Lily's 2 favorite figurines which are completely off limits to Lucy - Dora and Diego - in no time and all - and then lets out her battle cry of happiness.

I love her sleep schedule

I love that she is so friendly and social with everybody! As long as they don't try to hold her. But she'll flirt with anybody and everybody.

I love that she would rather eat the food off the floor than the table - unless she's on the table - then that's her favorite.

I love watching her face light up when Jordan comes home each day and then she can't get out of my arms fast enough.

I love her spidery long fingers. We chant "Piano Piano Piano" in her ear as she sleeps.

I love that she might have curly hair like Lily.




I love that she is so smart!

Last week she started holding our pretend phone, a shoe, the remote or anything resembling a phone to her ear and starts babbling - I didn't realize I talked on the phone that much.

On Tuesday, May 21st Lucy said her first word, and it was...."Mama" Top ten best moments of my life. It was actually, "Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma". However, she did it as she was looking at me with her arms out stretched towards me so it totally counts.. Now she calls my name whenever she is sad, hurt or hungry - and I can't get enough of it.

On Wednesday she gave her first real high five (Where she meant to give a 5 five)! Jordan gave Lily a high five and Lucy wanted part of the action.

Today, she waved "bye-bye" for the first time. She did it to a nice Kroger store employee who was helping us find sun dried tomatoes. She was so pleased with herself that she waved bye-bye to everyone else throughout the store.
I love Lucy.














No comments:

Post a Comment