background

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stake Conference

Last night Jordan was my knight in shining armour. I had been home all day while he was out with the scouts helping with the scouts fundraiser (aerating lawns). It was also the night for the adult session of stake conference. This year they changed it so that all members ages 12 and up were invited to the session. It was already extremely difficult to find babysitters for that session, but this made it impossible. Although Jordan was supposed to go up just before the adult session for a priesthood leadership meeting (with the conference center an hour away, there wouldn't have been time for him to go to that and come home so I could go to the adult session), Jordan suggested that I just go to the adult session and he would stay home. It was a beautiful session and when I came home I found that he had folded the mountain of 2 weeks worth of laundry, done the dishes, bathed the girls and had the entire house clean and tidy. He is super man and the man of my dreams.

While getting Lily ready for stake conference this morning, I asked how she wanted me to do her hair, and suggested "ballerina hair" (a high bun), to which she replied, "No, that's just like having a building on top of my head!" She looked at me funny while I had to sit down from laughing so hard, she hadn't said to it be funny, it was simply how she felt.

During stake conference Lucy fell asleep on the hard wood floor - crazy girl.

At dinner time I gave the girls a side of strawberries. We've always had a difficult time getting Lucy to eat fruits and she NEVER eats veggies although I still put them on her plate everyday. Tonight she proclaimed,  "strawberries help me grow big! Not peas. Peas make me grow small." Nice try little Lucy. I know she's a smartie, today when we were decorating mini cupcakes, and she had already had her share, she told me that she wanted one for her baby. I thought it was sweet and told her she could give one to her baby doll. She walked 1 foot away from the table with the cupcake in hand when she said, "My baby no like cupcake. I eat it for her.". Oh dear. One impression I had felt during the adult session of stake conference was that when Lucy is a teenager, she will benefit greatly from doing family history work. I know all kids would benefit, but I felt that will be one of the keys to helping Lucy stay close to the family and the gospel.

Tonight after the girls had been in bed for an hour, Lily came out of her room with tears in her eyes. Jordan asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just keep lying in my bed, worrying and worrying about things, like Baby Elephant breaking." We hugged her, reminded her that we, her Savior and her Heavenly Father love her and she doesn't need to worry. We started to play the happy game and when it was her turn she said, "I'm happy that my mom knows everything!". Umm... no pressure. I was actually thinking just yesterday that I feel like I'm faking this whole parenting thing. At least I have my 4 year old fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment