We saved the best present for last! Lily has been asking for a baby sister for over a year. We were beyond excited to tell her that she was going to be a big sister again. We specifically held off telling anybody besides immediate family that we are expecting so that we could tell Lily on Christmas morning, even though I was already showing at 4 months.
Her reaction wasn't quite what we were hoping it would be. She barely even responded to the news. We knew Lucy would be clueless but we were hoping Lily would be happy since she loves babies and has been asking for another sibling. We didn't push it, but later in the evening when we were video chatting with family Lily said, "I don't want another baby sister, I already have a sister!"
A few days later she started to get super excited about the baby - I think it just took time to sink in, and she said that she doesn't care if it's a boy or girl, she was just excited to have a baby sibling! |
No comments:
Post a Comment