background

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Papa Bear's Visit - October 2013

It was a wonderful surprise when my dad called at the end of the summer to tell us that he was planning a weekend trip out to see us in Indiana! I always love spending time with my Dad, and of course, both Lily and Lucy have always loved their Papa Bear! 

First order of business was to go down to Southern Indiana and tour a cave!



We stopped by McDonalds on the way, and luckily Lily was happy with the super hero action figure toy - although she has no idea who Batman is :) 


I love this picture! 


It was a little over a mile walk in the cave, and Lucy was such the trooper, but got a wee bit tired at the end. 


Next up on our adventures was "Apple Works", A delicious apple orchard about 30 minutes away from our house. 

Little Lucy feeding her baby!

The grounds were beautiful and there were some fun activities for the kids, like a petting zoo, a train, haystacks to climb on - oh and apparently they have the most delicious apple dumplings. I have to take my dad and Jordan's word for it. 




The train ride around the orchard




Showing off her princess dance moves for her grandpa!

Lucy showing off her Kitty Cat dance moves for her grandpa!






On Sunday we watched General Conference and took a nice walk around Brown County and had a relaxing day. He left on Monday, and both the girls and I broke down to tears when it was time to drop him off at the airport. The visit just wasn't long enough, and I knew it would be too long until we could see him again. I love living in Indiana, but it's rough to be so far away from those that I care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment