Me: I never really know how sharing time goes. I sometimes try to teach subject that I feel might go a little too deep. Today's subject was that through Jesus Christ we can be forgiven of our sins. Despite any hiccups, I must have gotten the point across because tonight in Lily's prayer she thanked Heavenly Father that our bad choices can be forgiven because of Jesus. If a 4 year old picked up on the basic message, I count that as a success. I really wanted them to be able also understand that we have to choose to repent - it's just not immediately given. But there is only so much I can do in just 15 minutes.
Lily: I think she's starting to realize that she can't always do everything she wants. She says, "I don't like my primary teacher, we she makes us do crafts that I don't want." And when I give her a choice of things to do, she often responds, "I will do anything I want." However she is learning to have a better attitude and to do things as soon as she is asked. And she takes such good care of her sister. We are trying to ween Lucy off of going to sleep with a sippy cup of milk and last night Lucy was upset about not having her milk. Lily was just as upset that her sister couldn't have milk. She thought we were being unfair to Lucy and wasn't afraid to stand up for her. I hope she never looses that. She is so excited for spring time to come so she can go pick flowers. I don't know where we will find the flowers for her to pick, but we will have to find some. She is also so excited for her baby sister to come. She often pulls my shirt up over my belly, put her mouth by my belly button and tells her sister "Come out baby!". She sings her songs and talks to her. Lily is doing better in preschool and is trying to open up and make friends, although sometimes she would rather just play with Lucy. They are each other's best friend.
Lily has quite the fashion sense and picks out her own clothes. Sometimes she will take suggestions, but as long as her clothes are weather and occasion appropriate, we let her choose her own outfits. Her main criteria is usually that they have to be pink, sparkly, girly, pockets are a plus and under no condition will she wear pants. She saw our friends baby girl the other day, who she sees often, and the girl was in a onsie pants set, like she usually is when we see her. But Lily asked if the baby was a boy. When I told her that the baby was a girl, she said, "He can't be, he's wearing pants!". I know I hardly ever wear pants, but we are around lots of women who always wear pants. Maybe she just doesn't notice them.
Lily loves to do craft projects, and would rather do that than watch a TV show any day.
Lucy tries to give her baby sister toys (she will find a baby toy and put it on my tummy), which is a sweet thought, although hard to execute. She even said that she will share her crib with the baby, that the baby can sleep with her. Again, a sweet thought. She has no idea that she will be completely evicted from the crib once the baby comes, but that's not for a while so we don't want to worry her about it now. She is a sweet, stubborn kitty cat/goose. She alternates between those two characters. Last Sunday we were in church and she was saying loudly, "Mommy, I your pet!" Afterwords a family came up to me that had been sitting several rows ahead of us and said, "When we heard that, we knew that the Elliss family was sitting behind us!" She also likes to lick us on the face and "Meow". She loves "mommy snuggles". And she adores her sister. If Lily isn't wearing boots, Lucy certainly will not leave the house in boots. And if Lily falls asleep before Lucy, we can hear Lucy yelling at her, "Sissie, WAKE UP!". Tonight was one of those nights where Lily fell asleep before Lucy, so Lucy did all she could think of to get out of her crib. "Mommy, I scared of light", "I want Mommy snuggles.", "Mommy, I have something to tell you." In the later case, what she had to tell me was, "My toes pink! Pink ez my favorite codor".
No comments:
Post a Comment