Last May we made a trip just for fun down to New Harmony. We figured that 1) we hadn't been down in a while and 2) we won't be going down again for a long while with the new baby, school and my starting to work)
P.S. As a side note- I passed the nclex! I don't know why it took me so long after graduation to take it, but a big thanks to my wonderful Jordan for sitting me down and setting up a study schedule and then using positive reinforcement when I complied (swiss cake rolls do wonders for motivation).
Back to New Harmony - we were only down for 3 days but Justin and AnnaJune's family came down as well! Jordan got to down Pine Creek Canyon in Zions with Justin and Lily loved loved loved being with her cousins.
| This is probably one of my favorite pictures of Lily with her Grandma. |
| Peek-a-boo! |
| There was an ice cream bar at the reception which, as I'm sure you can imagine, was a hit with everyone! Even food connoisseur Sam gave his approval. |
It was at this time that Lily decided her Aunt AnnaJune was actually Mommy #2 - even Mommy #1 in some instances. As I'm writing this post Lily is actually in New Harmony again, but Jordan and I are in Provo. We think baby Lucy Rose will be coming this week and this caused some stress because Justin and AnnaJune were planning to be gone in New Harmony all week for the 4th and they were our main babysitting plan for Lily while we are in the hospital.
AnnaJune offered to take Lily down to New Harmony with them and Jordan convinced me that this was for the best as our babysitting backups #2 &3 are also gone for the 4th. I don't know if it's just my pregnancy hormones but this was a hard decision. Logically it made since - but I don't know if I can handle being away from my baby girl for 6 whole days.
Justin and AJ's family stopped by yesterday to pick her up and I had all sorts of emotions going through me. But as Justin and AJ were getting ready to leave, Lily thought that she was going to be left behind so she ran after them crying out, "Mommy!". As AJ bent down to pick her up Lily turned around so her back was facing AJ so that she could be put into her car seat in the van. At this point I knew that this separation was going to be a lot harder on me than Lily. I'm glad she has this time to spend with her grandparents and her Uncle Josh's family and Uncle Justin's family. Now to keep myself busy and to get little Lucy Rose here or else I might just be driving down to New Harmony by myself this week to see my little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment