background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The little patch of grass we call a yard

One of the biggest perks about our new apartment (besides the charcoal grill that came with it) is our little front yard! It's not much, but a little patch of grass for Lily to run around on that's a good distance from the street is priceless. A huge improvement from living on the corner of two busy streets where there was only a parking lot.

Lily is by far happiest when she's outside and it is second thing she asks for in the mornings (chicken nuggets for breakfast is #1).  I would love to get Lily a little kiddie pool to play in but I have no idea where I would store it so in the meantime she gets to splash in the puddles that form while playing with the hose



"Hi there"


You and I both know she is not actually watering the flowers, but please do not tell her that. When she does aim right and get the flowers she keeps the hose on one particular flower for several minutes with the water pouring down on the petals. So, for the safety of my flowers we will continue to let her think that watering the grass is just as good as the flower bed.


Lily's first flower experience this summer was with a white topped dandelion, and now she thinks that you're supposed to blow on all flowers.

Our sweet neighbors gave Lily this chair that their daughter has outgrown. We've had it for about a month now and she still gets the biggest grin on her face as she sits in it and says, "Chair!"
These are videos of Lily pronouncing my favorite words. She's not just repeating what I'm saying, these are words in her everyday vocabulary. The 3rd video is my favorite sign that she does, and is one of her favorite animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment