background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Big Sister Lily

How is Lily transitioning into the role of a big sister?  She's done great considering how big of a mama's girl she is. Like I said before, she absolutely adores her baby sister but she has definitely needed extra attention and she only wants that extra attention from me. She was already pretty clingy to me, but now she wants to be held even more, especially while I'm nursing Lucy which proves pretty difficult. She's not happy with me reading books to her while she sits beside me, she wants to be in my lap. Haven't figured out how to nurse a newborn and snuggle a 2 year old yet. I try to let her help when I can and show her extra attention while Lucy is sleeping and some days go better than others. 

She hasn't tried nursing her baby doll yet but she's fascinated by the process of pumping.


Lily was weaned from her bottle by about 15 mo. of age, but for a couple of days she insisted on having one - normal I know, just glad it's not a permanent set back.

3 comments:

  1. Oh she's a beautiful chubby baby!!! I LOVE her! I also love how big Lily is getting and you don't even look like you had a baby. Congratulations to your beautiful little growing family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I found your blog. Your daughters are SO SO SO beautiful, and I not just saying that. I love their cheeks and their dark hair. You look incredible also. So happy for you guys and glad all worked out with the little scare Lucy gave you. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete