It seems that as soon as we get Lily in a great routine and falling asleep without much assistance from ourselves, something happens like we go on vacation or she gets sick. And then the cycle starts all over again. We stick to our bedtime routine, but at the beginning of each cycle is a struggle. She would just rather sleep in our arms!
"But I don't want...to....go....to...........b....e....d..............."
She usually falls asleep with my hand on her back (which also keeps her from getting up). But the girl has a radar. No matter how asleep I think she is, or how gently I take my hand off and tip toe out of the room, as soon as I hit the threshold of the door frame, she is standing up at the edge of the crib crying alligator tears! Sometimes replacing a pillow for my hand works for a couple of minutes :) This is at the beginning of the cycle, and lasts a couple of days.
I like the expression my Sis-in-law Joci used...Milk Drunk :)
Haha! I love all the pictures. And I agree, I love watching Robert sleep. You're not creepy at all. :)
ReplyDelete