background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to my little Koala Bear!!!!

Happy Birthday Lillian!!! I know everyone says this,

Here she is eating her birthday cake! She had just as much fun playing with the frosting as she did eating the cake!

but I can't believe how fast this year has gone by or how big my little baby has become!
It's fun to watch but I am also grieving the loss of having her as an itty bitty baby. Lucky for me, she still loves to cuddle (thus why we call her the koala bear).


Here are her 1 year check-up stats:
Height: 28 inches (25th percentile)
Weight: 18 pounds 14 oz. (10th percentile)
Head circumference: 46 cm (75th percentile) She has the Elliss brain, what else can I say?

Teeth count: 8
Shoe size: just barely growing into size 3

What can she do?
+ cruise around furniture
+ stand by herself for about 15-30 seconds
+ play peekabo
+ imitate us talking on the phone
+ throw tantrums. Oh yes, they are starting already. Especially in the middle of the night and her milk is not warmed up to her liking
+ say "mama" and "dada" (knowing they mean mama and dada)
+sign "please". She can do this, it is now just a matter of getting her to do it!
+ Eat just about anything we eat, a little mashed up (although we don't give her everything we eat!)
Her favorite foods include: Bananas! strawberries, plums, veggie pasta, soy beans, anything chocolate, grapes, ice cream & cake and spaghetti.



We had this huge party and dinner just for Lily's birthday! Just kidding- Lily's birthday happened to fall on her Granny's wedding day. So it was a double celebration. Instead of a wedding cake they had a birthday cake! Here is Lily and myself at the Calgary temple on her birthday.

Here she is playing peek-abo in the visitor center at the Calgary temple. In the background is Rick's super nice sister-in-law, Gwen. She helped watch the kiddos while we were in the sealing. A full post is to come about our amazing trip to Calgary.....soon.


Here are some pictures from when she was a newborn. I can't believe how much she transformed in just 1 year! I still remember holding her for the first time and being amazed that I could love someone so much. I don't love her more than Jordan, it's just a different kind of love.




Here she is on her blessing day. She looks like a little doll!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Lily! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Calgary. Isn't the Calgary temple beautiful? I love it.

    ReplyDelete