background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The perfect 10 summer of 2010

This last summer was easily one of the best of my existence. There is nothing better in life than being stay at home mom and that is what I was for one summer. I did not work nor did I have clinicals. My responsibilities included one online class and a cute little family to take care of. It was so much fun! It was wonderful to be in a situation where a clean house, clean folded laundry was found in the drawers and a nutritious (not frozen) meal was the norm. And I was able to spend all day everyday with my darling little girl! I can't imagine anything else that I would rather do. Our summer was full of fun activities. So here's a little recap:







1)Friends (don't act so surprised!)!! I had time to make friends and spend time with time-tested friends.




Here's Lily with my best friend whom I met in my LPN program


Yeah Doug!


2) CAMPING! Our wonderful friends in our ward, the Stonehawkers invited us up to their family cabin along with some other fun people.
Here is Jordan with the Stonehawkers playing his new favorite game, Dominion

One of their friends brought their horse dog! He was literally the size of a pony and the most well mannered dog I've ever met. Lily loved him!!! He let her poke him in the nose, sit on him, ect.






3) BBQ's This is on labor day with some other friends we have made in the ward, Edgar & Bree along with the Stonehawkers



What's up?


After who knows how many hours, Jordan took and did very well on the GMAT. Jordan worked very hard to get his score. He would come home from work, eat, and then head out to the public library to study. He averaged about 20-25 hours/week in just studying.


4) As I mentioned above, the laundry was done on a regular basis for the first time in our married lives. It was actually quite pleasant. Every Thursday I would wash the clothes during the day and then while Jordan was at his presidency meeting, I would turn on  the movie I had gotten from netflix and fold the clothes. Sometimes I would have to do it during the day, and that's when I had a little helper.

5) Pie Nights! My neighbor decided we need to learn how to make pies. So we, along with another neighbor started our adventures in pie making.

*It started with our strawberry rhubarb pie (not so great).
*Our second pie....Apricot pie. Awesome. Martha would be proud.
* Next was this yummy Apple Pie

* Our most recent adventure was a chicken pot this last week. Not perfect but we are on our way to success!


No comments:

Post a Comment