background

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Calgary Activites

Our second day in Canada Jordan and I decided to visit the zoo! Now, I can't lie. It wasn't the San Diego zoo. However, it did have some unique things that made it worth the visit.


It had the basics such as tigers, lions & bears












Lily made a "Whar" sound while doing this when we were at the Tiger exhibit. Does she know that's the sound tiger's make? I doubt it, but it was cute!






We never saw an actual kangaroo at the zoo, but they had this fun statue. Well, we thought it was fun.


Unique exhibit #1 A Dinasaur park. There was a long pathway that showed a variety of large dinosaurs. Some even moved and made sounds. Downside, there were no REAL dinosaur bones. So, this would have been cool if we were 6 years old.

Unique aspect #2- Free roaming peacocks. They were everywhere. The peacocks didn't like Jordan because he's hotter than them, so they ran away everytime he came nearby.

Unique exhibit #3 and the one that made this zoo worth visiting.....Butterflies!!!!!!! I felt like I was at the Magical Creature Reserve, Fablehaven! There was a beautiful room the zoo patrients could step into with flowers, a pond and butterflies zooming about. It was just wonderful.



We were at the zoo longer than I expected we would be, so I didn't bring enough milk. I ended up buying milk from starbucks. It was the most expensive bottle of milk I hope to ever buy, $3.50!!!!!! At least Lily drank all of it.





Lily's schedule got completely thrown off, so here she is wide awake at 11 pm at night while we are exhausted.
The post-wedding day, we all went to a beautiful park on an Island in the midle of Calgary. BEAUTIFUL!
Of course the biggest hit with the kiddos was this darling playcenter

It has toys to entertain the kiddos......



........And the Kids-at-Heart


This little guy was haning out by the childrens center. I got this close to him and he didn't even care.

Afterwords, while Tess's girls took naps, Jordan and I had plans to go see Body Worlds, but it turned out we didn't have enough time before our plane left to see it. So then, we started walking around downtown and saw a Reggae festival going on. We thought it would be funny to go there, but it was $40/person. Our next option was the Calgary Tower



1 comment:

  1. Stop it! You are so cute in your pictures! I need a make over

    ReplyDelete