background

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zoolapalooza

We spent the day and a weeks worth of energy at the Indianapolis Zoo- which is an accredited zoo, aquarium and botanical gardens.
I want to be a dolphin trainer when I grow up. Let's pretend that I didn't get misty eyed over these beautiful animals. 

Tough Cookies. Lucy, her transporter, and her Rhinoceros bodyguard. 








"The cats are in trouble! We need to rescue the cats!" Curse you Diego, this is what we heard 89% of the time during our 5 hour tour of the zoo.

Jordan and Lily, like true Slytherins, went to see the Snake Gallery while Lion-Hearted Lucy and I waited outside. Here I learned not only that Lucy is a snake charmer, but that I will be the only Hufflepuff member in my house.

That right Lucy, no kisses until you're married. 


What does the monkey say again?




Lily the Lion

Jordan took just a few pictures while Lucy and I were visiting the  Mothers Room -  and this one happens to be one of my favorite of the entire day! Proof that Jordan should be the one with the camera instead of me!


Jordan petted a shark - no big deal. He's thinking of adding onto his resume to bring up the coolness factor. 

Up close and personal with a sea lion
 The penguin exhibit was by far the favorite of all the female Elliss's. 






The gardens were a bit of a disappointment - perhaps due to the drought. Or maybe I've just been spoiled by my visits to the royal gardens in Madrid. 






Lily was a super star and walked the majority of our 5 hour excersion. Her favorite memory of the zoo, "Chasing the baby ewephent". 



No comments:

Post a Comment