background

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Toddler Heaven

PBS Kids came to Indianapolis to do a free day at the park. Headline star: ELMO!!!! There is something magical about Elmo that makes him trump any other puppet or children's character on TV. Lily's chant for the entire 45 minute drive to Indy was, "I'm going to Elmo's House!".


Again, since this was a free event, every other person in Indianapolis was also at the park. This means that although there were many other characters at the park, the line to meet Elmo wrapped around the park again and again. 


Jordan was a trooper and stood in line for us while we went around to watch the music, dance shows and other events going on at the park.



The girls didn't quite know what to think of a giant Elmo. As soon as it was our turn in line Lily suddenly got shy and ran into my arms. However, she will tell you and anyone who will listen (which narrows her selection down to just us,  Lucy and her nursery leaders) about how she hugged, kissed and gave Elmo a high five. 




This was the angel welcoming each kid to Toddler Heaven. Actually, I really have no idea who this person was. I'm pretty sure she's not a character from PBS - she might have just been a normal person who decided to come to the park dressed like a princess angel. Stranger things have happened in Indy. Like a Mom letting her 2 year old hug a stranger in a crowded park.
Since we only had time (and the patience) to see 2 characters, Lily's second choice was Princess Pesto from Super Why. She actually did give her a high five. 


On the ride home Lily was exhausted and a little grumpy so I gave her a notepad and a pen so she could draw. Jordan and I were taking advantage of the silence to have a little adult conversation when Lily exclaims, "I drew myself!" I, thinking she had tried to draw a picture of herself, turned around and said "Good Job Lily!" before I saw what she really meant. 
She should have said, "I drew on every square inch of myself".  When all was said and done, she was quite upset about having dirty hands and requested a wipe to clean them off. Although I'm sure, if given the chance, she would do it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. "I want to see Elmo and Princess Presto. I never get to see Elmo." --From Michelle

    ReplyDelete