- Welcome back to the Martha Project- believe me, everyone will come away feeling, if not Martha Stewart, at least a better gardener than myself. So come, relax, and boost your gardening self-esteem
- Basil
- Petunias
- Cilantro
- Oregano
- 3 types of Tomatoes
Cilantro: A Tease. started to grow, made me think it was going to live, and then, DEAD before I could even make my own salsa.
I planted cilantro in this planter (you can see the remnants of it) and then THIS showed up. I have no idea what it is. It may be a weed. It may be weed. Or it may be a magical bean stock. Whatever it is, it is thriving.If you have any idea, please pass it on. I want to know if I need to prepare to battle a giant or just stop watering the plant
Surprisingly, my basil is doing quite well. Nothing is more satisfying than going out to my balcony, plucking my own herbs and putting it in my pasta primavera. Except, Jordan doesn't like my pasta primavera, so I'm going to blame it on the bad tasting basil. Naughty basil.
Here is the harvest from our Strawberry plant! They may be tinsy, but they were full of flavor!
HAHAHAHA!!! I love it....especially since I totally relate.. At this moment, I have 3 empty pots next to my sink...because they all died!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one!!! My problem is once the plant dies, I don't know what to do with the soil....
ReplyDeleteI don't know what your mystery plant is, it looks like something that should be growing though, at least it doesn't look like the weeds in my yard.
ReplyDeleteAs for soil, I keep the empty pot on my front porch all winter and try again the next year. This is the first year my potted plants on the porch didn't die by now.
I'd say overall you should call it a success for the first year! You surpassed me with petunias, I can't keep those things alive for the life of me. :)