background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Parker/Allen/Elliss girls week in San Jose - a Mega Post - February 2013


Going from living in a hotel for 3 1/2 weeks to having a week long playdate just one week afterwords was heaven for all of us. The girls went from being trapped in a tiny room to having a backyard to run around in and friends to play with. Lily fell in love, I mean with her cousins Laney and Cali. Lily slept on their floor and the first night they stayed up for 2 hours talking and giggling. 

Lucy and Eli had a love-hate relationship, as one would only expect from toddlers living together. 


It was a really nice February weather, even for California. It was in the 70's most days and the girls spend the majority of their time outside playing. I can't say enough that it was priceless to see my my girls playing with their cousins, outside getting fresh air, exercise and using their imaginations. The snow and hotel living had put a damper on the fresh-air and exercise portions of our daily living. Furthermore, my sister is my best friend right after Jordan - so it warmed my heart to see our daughters becoming instant best friends, all while I got a whole week to chat with my mom and sister. 
















Lily, "The water hurt my feelings!" She didn't even get close to the water. I had to hang out with her by the towels, with our backs turned from the ocean for at least 20 minutes before she calmed down.










Cheetos Fan Club

I have a fetish with baby feet! These perfect little toes belong to Lucy. 




Once her cousins were done playing in the water and came back to play in the sand, Lily had a blast.

The moment Lucy discovered sand.


Lucy, who hated bottles and binkies as a baby was curious to see Eli always with a binkie. 

Flowers from the local Farmers Market!



One day we all went down to a small local zoo/park. Once admission was paid, we got unlimited rides - and there were never lines. So we could just sit on the carousel as it went round and round and round and round 3,495 times along with the other toddler/preschooler friendly rides. This was hands down Lily's favorite day. 



Did I mention that I miss my mom and sister? Cause I do, a ridiculous amount. If they can't be my next door neighbors, at least my sis lives in an awesome place like coast-side Cali and my mom was willing to pay for me and my girl's plane tickets out there so we could spend some quality family time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment