background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lily's Dream

Today (August 4, 2013 - I've been backtracking lately, but I'm actually blogging about something that happened today).

This morning while coloring, Lily told us about her dream that she had last night. She said, "Jesus was coming down from the sky and the sky was red." I asked what he did when he came down and she said he talked to people but she couldn't remember what he said. 

Jordan and I just looked at each other, asking if the other had told her about this part of the second coming doctrine. Neither of us had. I'm currently teaching the CTR 5 class (And loving it might I add!) so I am in sharing/singing time along with Lily every Sunday so I know that isn't where she learned it from. So today, since it's Sunday, I asked her teacher, Sister Zook, if she had happened to teach them anything like that, and she answered in the negative and looked perplexed as I am when I told her about Lily's dream.

It might be possible that she heard it somewhere else (where, I don't know, but I can't rule out the possibility). But most likely, this was something very special that reminded me of how precious little children are and our heavy responsibility to care for them and teach them. Lily is a very special little girl who loves to do what is right. She is still learning what is right, and although doesn't always choose what she knows to be the right - she tries very very hard and I am so proud of her. She is a blessing in my life - she tells me randomly several times a day, "Mommy, I love you.". And she still loves to just snuggle, which warms my soul. She is smart and creative and silly. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge of how we can be together forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment