background

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sunday Morning Cuddle Fest

 Sunday Morning of General Conference went great. Lily loved watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing, as usual. 

She was the long distance guest conductor for the choir this year :)

And then we spent the rest of the session snuggling

Lucy entertained herself with Lily's favorite figurines while Daddy "listened" to conference :)


I'm so glad our lunch with the Smiths turned out well because we had a rough start on Saturday. We made our traditional conference foods- French Toast Casserole and Banana Nut Muffins (thank you Paula Dean!) Jordan put the French Toast casserole in the oven early Saturday morning while I did some pre-conference shopping. When I came home told me he turned the oven up 50 degrees so it would be done in time for conference!


I ran to check on it and found it black. We though we could pick the burnt parts off - only to find a soggy bottom. I totally blamed Jordan.


Oh well- we still had the muffins. Except the same thing happened. Even when cooked at the correct temperature. We discovered only the top of our oven was working. 


Lesson: Don't pass judgement. 


At least the Smiths gave us some of their yummy, perfectly cooked Cinnamon Rolls :)




No comments:

Post a Comment