background

Friday, April 13, 2012

Food on the Floor

The girls and I came home from the gym one Friday and a little after we got down the stairs I noticed that Lily was eating skittles. I had watched my neighbors kids the night before so I thought maybe they had brought them. I found a few on the floor, and I started eating them (I was starving okay?). I then noticed that there was a perfect line of skittles, leading me to the kitchen!




Jordan knows me well eh? Skittles, Coconut dreams, grasshopper cookies and a note to make my heart melt. It's a good thing I had gone to the gym because both those packages of cookies were gone within 24 hours. Isn't that why we work out? So we can eat yummy food? I love that man of mine!


Since I never sent out that Christmas letter, and I'm already updating what the girls are up to, I might as well add Jordan.


He was accepted to be a Sherpa next year! Sherpas are second year mentors to the first years. They have to go through an application processes and only 40-60 are accepted - he even gets paid, we won't embarrass ourselves by saying how much, but it's something :) 


His biceps have never been so big- he prefers to train for marathons as his exercise - but since he doesn't have time for that- he does push ups and crunches in the morning. 


One of his goals for the MBA program was to get involved - and so he joined the Morning Market Call team - they are the news team for the MBA program - they interview people to did internships at popular companies, professors, ect. I must say, he missed his calling to be a news anchor. It's pretty hot.






He loves his girls. He puts Lily to sleep on the nights that he's home by 8 pm - that is their special daddy- daughter time.


He was just released as the ward clerk- While we are grateful for the lessons we learned with that position - we are glad to have Dad back. I say "we" because I learned how to get all of us ready for church by ourselves, and how to handle the post-church starving/tired/getting dinner ready chaos. His participating in disciplinary counsels made us reevaluate some of the simple things we do - such as some of the TV shows we were starting to watch which might not have been the best of influences on us. 


The other day, after leaving for school 5 minutes prior, he comes back home. All he said was, "I was listening to Aerosmiths, "Don't want to miss a thing" when I realized that I forgot to put on my deodorant!" He's still the crazy random boy I fell in love with.


Jordan was a good man when I married him, but he just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment