background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

9 months Goose Girl

I know you've been waiting for them! Lucy's 9 months Stats!
Length: 26.8 inches = 25th percentile
Weight: 16.9 lbs = 11th percentile
Head Circumference 44.5 cm = 65th percentile 

She hasn't gained very much weight since she was 6 months. If she had started out in the 11th percentile, I don't think our doctor would be worried. But since she started out in the 98th percentile and each time she gets a check up- she goes lower in the percentile, I've been counseled to mix butter into her food. We're not too worried about her since her development is above average - but we'll just try to fatten her up a bit. 

Since 8 months she's had 8 teeth! She's a little vampire - and I have the bruises on my arm to prove it!

She's been crawling for 2 weeks now and pulling herself up for 1.5 weeks! And she couldn't be happier. She was always so frustrated when she was trying to get to where she wanted via rolling or scooting backwards. Now she can crawl into my lap or attempt to steal her sisters toys anytime she wants. Lily has taken to carrying her favorite toys with her where ever she goes to protect them.

As of this week she's been cruising around the furniture and today she started walking crazy fast holding on to our fingers.


I contribute her doing these so soon to the best cheerleader a little girl could have- Lily. She often gets down on her tummy so she's at Lucy's eye level and says, "Come on Lucy!" And then she gives Lucy big hugs and says, "I love my Goosey Lucy!"

She has awesome fine motor skills and spidery long fingers- My dreams of Olympic gold swimming medals have turned into her playing the piano at Carnegie hall. 

Her favorite books? Little People's lift the flap books. How do I know they are her favorite? They are the only ones she'll sit through.

She loves to be outside - even if it's cold. 



She is a happy smiley little girl - she smiles at the girls at the gym day care as I leave her, at strangers in the store, and especially at cute baby boys! 

She is easily entertained by other kids- she loves to watch her sister and her friends play and she loves story time just as much as Lily.

She can say "Dada" but I think she means both of us. I have heard her say "Mama" just twice in the past week, but I think that was random.

Favorite food? Any mixed fruit- and anything she can feed herself.

Favorite Toy? Her sister's princess figurines and her sister's doll house. Mainly because those are also her sister's favorite toys.





"How does this work again?"




Nursing school has made me weird. I think it's perfectly normal for poop to be apart of everyday conversation. I also think babies pooping faces are hilarious.

Mommy, I have a surprise for you! :)

The "hair watch" The only hairs choosing to grow are those directly below her bald spot. Mullet City, here we come.
 At only 9 months we can already tell she is going to be an active, happy, spunky girl and I am loving every minute of her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment