background
Monday, April 9, 2012
Lily-Kins
"Mommy I want to snuggle you" or " I want my Mama." or "Mama, come play with me!"
"I've got to find my brother!"
She shakes her little bum like a bunny when she's excited , " Mommy, I want...*insert bum shake here* .. a Sucker!
Lily loves to dance! I took her to watch her friends Chloe and Gracie in their dance recital (they are 3 years old). Lily sat completely fixated during the first few numbers. But when it came time for Chloe and Gracie's class to dance, and Lily recognized them on stage, she broke down and cried for the next 45 minutes saying, "I want to be up there too!".
I was holding Lucy trying to teach her to say "Ma-ma" when Lily came over and insisted on holding Lucy in her lap so that they were facing each other. She proceeds to teach Lucy something very important. "Say Hot- Dog Lucy", slowly enunciating each syllable in Hot Dog. If Lucy says Hot Dog before Mama, I'm going to be just a little bit upset!
She knows her name! Anytime I tell her, "You're so cute (or happy, or sweet, ect)!" She responds with "I'M NOT (Cute)! I'm LILY SOPHIA ELLISS!"
She lives off of Peanut butter & honey sandwiches, chicken nuggets, strawberries, bananas, oranges and sweets of any kind.
She is a cuddly, snuggly mama's girl- who also happens to have the energy of a rocket. She only stops for hugs, reading, food and one of her favorite shows (SuperWhy, Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einstiens). In fact the only way to get her to nap is to give lie her down in my bed (there are no toys in my room:) ) and give her about 10-15 picture books - and eventually she falls asleep.
We know it's going to be a good day when she wakes up before Lucy and gets to crawl into bed with me and snuggle. She usually brings either her "friends" (her little plastic figurines) or a book to play with while I go back to sleep. She stay there snuggling with me until Lucy wakes up - which can take up to 40 minutes.
One night, hours after Lily had gone to sleep, I heard her talking in her room quite distressed. I went in to check on her, only to find Dora the Explorer. Lily kept talking about her backpack, and following the map to save ice cream truck. I laid her down and she went right back to sleep. I'm not sure if she was completely awake to begin with.
She is a happy, sweet little girl who is my shadow. She loves to help me water the plants, cook, and take care of Lucy. When I put Lucy down for her naps, Lily puts Minnie down for naps as well. As I feed Lucy, Lily pulls her little dollie's high chair over next to us and feeds whatever dollie or stuffed animal is close at hand. She wears her princess shoes (mommy shoes she calls them) and sunglasses, puts her dollie in the stroller and says, "I'm going shopping!". I guess we do go shopping a lot.
Birthdays! Every day is everyone's birthday! And we sing the Happy Birthday song to each person/toy in the house.
Story time is the highlight of her week. "We're going to see the puppets!" Lucky for me, she also loves the day care at the gym and nursery.
Lily loves her friends - both her plastic figurines and her real friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment