Lucy struggles with pooping regularly- sometimes we have to resort to giving her half an ounce of water. However, it is still hard to predict when the poop will actually come. If I put my life on hold because Lucy had to poop- I would only go outside one day a week.
It was bath day and when Lily saw that Lucy was in the bath, she stripped herself of her pajamas and inisisted on joining her sweet baby sister in the tub. They both love being in the water (a recent change for Lily) so I was letting them kick around in the bubbles and play tea party when I suddenly noticed a change in color - the water went from clear to a dark green.
I saw ribbons of poop coming out of Lucy- and they just kept coming. This was 6 days worth of poop. Lily realized what was going on and started crying, "All done Lucy! All Done!" But the poop kept coming. I put a towel down on the ground and placed Lily on it with Lucy following once the flow of poo ceased. They were covered with chunks of poop, from the neck down.
Lily, being cold and traumatized, kept trying to squirm her way into my lap. Lucy kept trying to suck the poop off her hand. I had to thwart both of these actions while waiting for the tub to drain and then rinse it off. Lucy got rinsed off first, so I still had to keep Lily from covering myself with poop while the perpetratior was cleaned from head to toe for the second time that morning. Eventually I got both girls cleaned and the back half of the bathroom disinfected. That was my entire morning.
Motherhood is glamorous.
No comments:
Post a Comment