background

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

Our 4th of July family tradition - slurpee's/snow cones! Since this was also Jordan's last day in his twenties, he went to the movies and stayed up ridiculously late. It was his first time going to the movies alone since all his buddies had 4th of July plans and we were already getting a babysitter for the next day. 


Poor little Niki had a broken arm for Jordan's birthday get-together. The original plan was to have a BBQ at Brown County State Park with our close friends and then go for a hike. But once we were all done BBQing and talking for a few hours, it was already late in the afternoon and none of us felt like a hike anymore. 





Jordan isn't a big fan of cake - but cheesecake is his true love. 


Lily and her friend Jaxson. She has plans to marry his older brother, Parker. Their family, the Harris's were here on intership last summer and then went back to BYU to finish Chad's MBA. Lily remember Parker from last summer and was beyond excited to see him again this summer. They aren't in Columbus but got an offer with Amazon in Carmel, In, so they are still close. And after a year, Lily still wants to marry him (that is, when she forgets that she wants to marry Hudson). 

Our friends the Wang's were here, but left before we thought to take a picture. 

We all met up again in the evening for the demoliton derby. This was one thing that Jordan absolutely wanted to do. I didn't love leaving our 3 week old baby with a babysitter - but it was Jordan's 3oth birthday, this is what he had his heart set on doing, and I wasn't about to bring Lexi to the derby. As my mom said, "Some people bring their newborns to a demolition derby, but we are not those people." 

Jordan's second birthday treat, fried cheese curds dipped in ranch. I did ask him to leave early since I was worried about Lexi. She of course, was fine. I figure, I'm overly paranoid, Jordan isn't worried enough - so together we balance each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment