background

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nauvoo

Outside Carthage Jail. Let's just say this experience was painful, and not just because of the memories of what happened to these amazing men. A mobile, dramatic, tired-from-the-long-drive 12 month old is NOT recommended for a 40 minute reverent(aka, no noise allowed) and sacred experience. 

The girls did a little better at the grave sites of Joseph, Hyrum and Emma - and I was able to feel a little more of the sacred feeling that resides in this little town.


My parents, Mom and Rick watched the girls for me one morning while I did a session at the temple - and as wonderful as the the trip was, this was by far the highlight - as evidenced by an excess of pictures by the temple. I felt within the temple a strong and peaceful spirit that I will forever remember. 





My mom bought them darling matching pioneer bonnets. Aren't grandma's great?




Lily loves hearing about the story of the 2 brothers, Joseph and Hyrum. When I put her down for naps, I tell her a little bit of the story - she loves hearing particularly how they are similar to her and Lucy.





No comments:

Post a Comment