| Even little Lexi was upset at their leaving! I just love her little face, even when it's sad. |
Lexi was an angel for her blessing (August 2, 2014) - she was sound asleep the entire time. Jordan threatened to change her name, but since he was the one to choose Alexis Grace at the hospital, it was an empty threat.
The parts I was able to write down of her blessing are as follows:
-Blessed with a testimony of the gospel - she will be a beacon of truth and share her testimony with the world.
-Blessed with health- be able to accomplish all that she needs to.
-She will be a source of help- she will be able to find those who are in need and assist them and do Heavenly Father's will.
-Be able to go on a mission - share testimony and when the time is appropriate, seek an education
- She will marry in the temple and raise children of her own.
After her blessing, Jordan did the whole, "Lion King" moment, raising her up high so the congregation could see how perfect she is - she responded (still fast asleep) by raising both of her arms high up in the air. I interpreted it as a "hallelujah" and Jordan took it as a "TOUCHDOWN!".
A member of the stake presidency, who is from our ward was in the congregation that Sunday - he mentioned her blessing when he went up to bear his testimony - he said that he thinks "she will turn out all right". Not that I am taking it as prophecy, I just thought it was a fun detail from her blessing day that I want to remember (this blog is the closest thing I have to a journal).
After church we went out to Brown County for a picnic with our families to celebrate Lexi's special day. I don't think she was put down all day with the exception of when she had to be in her car seat or needed her diaper changed (which is frequently, with her being the pooping champion and all).
No comments:
Post a Comment