Our final full day in Cancun we spent kayaking in the morning and enjoying the beach in the afternoon. I was surprised how much fun we had kayaking - I was also surprised that I was able to hold my own with Jordan. We raced - and tied - and Jordan didn't let me win - that goes against his moral character. I can't say that I can hold my own against Jordan very often. I beat him once at monopoly. I beat him once at mini golf. That about sums it up. Perhaps this is part of the reason why I liked kayaking so much. I never had to ask Jordan to wait up for me.
The next day we flew out of Cancun. It was a perfect week. I called it a brain-less vacation. All the particulars were taken care of for us. All we had to decide was to which of the 6 delicious restaurants we wanted to eat, and which excursions we wanted to go on. Or if we wanted to hang out on the beach. Once we decided on an excursions, a bus picked us up, and provided lunch, and made sure we got home in time. All we had to focus on was having fun, and enjoy each other. 7 days was the ideal amount of time, we had fun, but were ready to see our little girls again at the end of the time period. Whenever I need to mentally go a happy place, that place is now laying on the beach with Jordan, virgin pina-coladas in hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment