background

Monday, November 14, 2011

This Man of Mine

I try not to be TOO gushy on facebook, but this is my blog so I feel I am allowed. I love Jordan. Here is a quick example of why.

Scenario: It is Friday night at the ward trunk or treat dinner. Everyone else, except a handful of men, have gone outside for the trunk or treat. It was late, and, there was a BYU football game going on. If you know Jordan, BYU Football is his ranked right below his family in priorities. 

Instead of leaving to go watch the game at his friends house like he arranged, he stayed behind to clean up after the pot luck. Did he complain about missing the game? No. Was anyone there to say, "wow, you're awesome for staying to clean up" No. He stayed because it needed to be done. 

Not only that, but instead of hurrying to get finished, he took the time to let his busy little bee "help" him. He took the time to set the example of helping and doing what's right instead of hurrying off to watch his game. 



Scenario: I was in the shower at night and realized that we didn't have a towel in the bathroom. I asked Jordan to grab one for me and he came back asking me if "the white one was okay?". I, assuming he's talking about the cheap Ikea towel we bought several years ago responded "As long as it's absorbent". 

He replied, "Oh, it's absorbent." 

5 minutes later when I opened the shower curtain, this is what I found:

Yes, that's toilet paper. There was also a fluffy blue towel waiting for me on the toilet seat. He's a straight arrow, but still never fails to make me laugh. I am a lucky lady.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jordan. What a good guy! We are so excited to see you guys next month for Gavin's wedding!!! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete