background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Excuse me, did you drop your hemroid cream?

One of Lily's favorite places to play in our apartment is the bathroom. She loves every single aspect of this room - the bath tub for bathing (I only have to say the word "bath" and her face lights up), sitting on the potty (with the lid down of course), sitting in the sink as I have previously posted and getting into the cabinet under the sink and causing all sorts of mischief. Normally I don't let her play in there unattended and I try to keep the bathroom door shut.

Unfortunately one morning we were in a rush to get out the door early to head down to Sandy for a HUGE consignment sale at a local church. With these sales you have to be there when the doors open to get the good stuff and so I was trying to get Lily out the door in time for the 30 minute drive down + an extra 10 minutes for me to get lost. And of course, this morning she was extra extra clingy and did NOT want to be put down making it near impossible to get myself out of pajamas and the diaper bag assembled - until she decided to play in the bathroom. I was so desperate that I let her play unattended while I rushed around getting dressed, finding directions and getting the diaper bag ready.

It was at this last step of getting the diaper bag ready that Lily came out of the bathroom and helped me unpack several of the things in the diaper bag. I hurriedly threw them back in and finally rushed out the door.

We made it in 20 minutes after the sale started and so things were pretty much picked over. Lily picked out some toys for herself - including a high chair for baby dolls that she carried around with her everywhere. I also found some soft blocks and pajamas for Lucy so I decided it was worth it to stand in the mile long line - especially since we had already taken 30 minutes to drive down there.

Lily had been a doll during the entire shopping experience until it came time to stand in line. Then she decided to run around everywhere. Gratefully there were some nice women behind me that moved my stuff up for me when the line moved while I was chasing my toddler. By the time we made it to the front I was pretty frazzled and ready to be done. In the room set aside for checking out Lily was a horror and was grabbing everybody's stuff and would not be held or eat a snack. She successfully spilled a cup of safety pins, stole 2 pens and was shooed away from 3 different women due to her trying to steal the toys they were trying to purchase. 

On top of that, I had brought our old checks, which only has Jordan's name on it - so the woman checking out our stuff took 10 minutes finding a supervisor who could approve her accepting my check. With my menace of a toddler and my holding up a mile long line, I was ready to disappear. When the woman came back telling me that they could take the check I hurried and pulled the checkbook out of my bag, and unknowingly let several other stuff fall on the ground. It wasn't until I was done writing the check and showed my ID that a woman came up to hand me my fallen items which included a pen, a coupon and a tube of Equate Hemroid cream! 

How in the world did that get in my bag? How long had it been on the floor with a mile of woman behind me looking at it? I stared at it mortification. My darling little munchkin must have found it under the bathroom sink and decided that we should pack in case of an emergency. In my defense, it is at least a year old and I am not the one who purchased it. Mommy's little helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment