background

Sunday, November 9, 2014

October Part 2

 
Lucy has long since given up naps, but still needs a little extra sleep now and then, so she falls asleep at random times. I have decided that she not only likes cats but she very much has a cat personality. She loves her milk, she decides when she wants attention and to snuggle and with whom she wants to snuggle. More like demands her snuggles. She is extremely smart but refuses to be taught any tricks. And she tends to like cat naps. 



Just a few days after her 4 month birthday she decided to roll over. And no one saw it! I put her on her tummy in her little gym and then walked into the kitchen to talk to Jordan. When I came back to check on her a few minutes later she was on her back. At her 4 month check up her stats were:
Height: 23rd percentile
Weight: 22nd percentile

She has two little teeth on the bottom and loves to chew, chew, chew on everything. Her favorites are her elephant, giraffe and dolly, oh and her hand. She is still the chillest little baby. She's great when I'm running errands and is stuck in her car seat for an hour and a half. This month I decided to see what happened when I put her down for bedtime and naps with her eyes still open, and she surprised me by putting herself to sleep! She has even put herself on a schedule, at least when we are home for her to follow it. 

She saves her biggest smiles for her daddy and her sisters, and I get the most comments about her cute little cheeks and strawberry mark. With her strawberry mark it's usually little kids thinking she has an "owie" on her head. I also get a lot of comments from friends mentioning how much she looks like Lucy. 


There-are-worse-things-they-could-do-to-her-when-I'm-not-looking #4

Autumn time is Indiana at it's best (well, along with the demolition derbys during the summer). We took a Saturday to go look at the fall leaves at Brown County. We rolled the windows down while we were driving and Lily kept exlaiming things such as, "I never want to stop driving!". The variety and intensity of the colors was amazing and we were even a little past the peak of fall awesomeness. 





This is at "the spot" that we always stop at, it happened to not even be the most beautiful vantage point, but it's tradition to stop here and get a family picture. We came out with the original plan of going on a hike (which explains our attire) but it decided to rain as soon as we got out of the car. 

Behind our building is a little grassy area that we occasionally go down to play in. 


Lily, Lucy and I decided that the gusts of wind that sends handfuls of beautiful fall leaves fluttering to the ground are Mother Nature's "glitter". 

There are some definite drawbacks to living in an apartment, but this view from our windows makes me forget them (plus if I'm looking at it then I'm already up the 3 flights of stairs!) 


We had our traditional pumpkin carving FHE, this time with our darling friends, the Mijangos! And to make it even better, this was their first real Halloween and first time carving pumpkins! 




We took a group picture outside but my camera wouldn't cooperate. However, I did get this ghostly picture of Lucy. 

Lexi rolling over!






The Super Hero saving his darling little princess.

And us witches stealing her back. With the origin of my name, I can't be anything BUT a witch each Halloween! This is at the ward's trunk or treat. Luckily it was a decently nice evening and the kids got plenty of candy because a few days later for the actual Halloween night, it was not exactly princess weather. It was the perfect weather to sit down on the sofa with hot chocolate and watch a scary movie. The scary movie I forced Jordan to watch was "The Fault In Our Stars". He was very brave throughout the whole film. I think next year I'll bust out my full arsenal of scariness with "Pride and Prejudice". 

It was Lucy's dream come true to dress up as a "Princess, Ballerina, Kitty Cat".

Lily originally wanted to be Elsa for Halloween but changed her mind at the last minute to this ballerina costume because she thought it looked like Lexi's costume. However, I wouldn't let her wear her nice ballet shoes in the street, and she wouldn't let me put her hair in a ballerina bun, and I made her wear her heavy jacket since it was so miserably cold outside. So in the end, she looked like a beautiful, but not costumed, little girl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment