I love being a counselor in the primary presidency in a real, functioning family ward (as compared with the struggling Provo family ward we moved from). When I was on my mission, once I was made senior companion, I suddenly had a deeper appreciation for my former senior companions and wished I could go back to being Jr. companion. I thought that I would be a better jr. companion after being a sr. companion. So it is, going from Primary president to primary counselor. Nobody in my current ward knows I had been a primary president because really, I felt like a little girl wearing her mama's clothes and pretending to be an adult while I was president. I did the best I could, I know that. I know that I received help and guidance, but I almost felt like a fraud the entire time. I adore the primary president I serve with and the rest of the presidency and I'm learning so much from watching them. I hope that I am able to help the primary president more because I understand a little of the weight that is on her shoulders. I am trying to just step up when I see something that needs to be done, and volunteer for tasks instead of just waiting to be assigned them.
Recently the primary president asked me to do these notebooks as the presidency present for the children who are being baptized this year in the ward. At first it seemed like an easy enough project, but the issue is, I'm not crafty. There was a steep learning curve. It took 4 run through before I got it right, and even then, don't look too closely at the finished product. I easy spent 48 hours on the notebooks. Granted, there are 11 children being baptized this year and also I made the project more difficult than it needed to be. I was originally asked to just put a picture of the temple on a composition notebook. I did that, but felt like it wasn't super nice looking, since the inside still said things like, "class schedule", ect. so I searched pintrest and found some fancier ways to do it, and I, novice that I am, thought that it wouldn't be that much more difficult. Ha! Well, all 11 are done, for all the baptisms we'll have this year (unless of course we have someone move in or a primary convert baptism).
| The boy's notebooks |
| The girl's notebooks |
No comments:
Post a Comment