What you are looking at are the remains of Lily's Nalgene sippy cup - which is supposed to be one of the most durable sippy cups around (at least that's why they claim to charge so much). They obviously were not planning on having me for a customer.
How did this happen? I was cleaning out our car last week and found the long lost sippy cup. Unfortunately it didn't get lost with water in it, it of course had milk. Once found, the milk had solidified into a solid chunk. GROSS. However, being the frugal mom that I am, I did not want to invest in another expensive sippy cup so I decided to use what I learned in my pathophysiology class - that boiling something for 10 minutes kills even those stubborn endospores. So, saving my family money, I set off to kill those germs by placing the cup in boiling water.
I then put lily down for a nap and went into the bedroom upstairs to search on KSL. After a while, I smell something pretty stinky and suddenly remember the sippy cup that I had placed on the stove an hour ago.
Running down the stairs all I see is smoke. Here I also learned that our smoke detector does not work. Luckily there was no fire, just a melted sippy cup on the bottom of our favorite pot (sorry Aunt Janna) and absolutely no water left in the pot.The house also stunk of burnt plastic- at least these sippy cups are BPA FREE! I then throw open windows and wake Lily up after just a 30 minutes nap to go play outside for 2 hours while the house defumed.
Verdict: both the sippy cup and the pot are destroyed. Good job to me for saving my family money.
I called Jordan while we were outside to tell him my adventure and he had the same reaction that he had when I called to tell him that I broke a window 2 days after we moved into our current duplex, or when I ran inside the house at 9 pm on a rainy night to tell Jordan that I high centered his car on the apartment exit that he had previously told me not to use(It took 30 minutes of 3 guys pushing and $200 of damages to un-high center his car). He just laughed and said, "Well, accidents happen". Okay, so he didn't laugh about his car until the next day- Until then, he just didn't mention it.
Tomorrow Jordan and I celebrate our 3 year anniversary and each day that goes by I have more respect for him. I knew when we got married that
1) he was hot
2) he had a good temperament
3) he came from a good family
4) he loves his family and treats both his mom and sister with respect
5)he was hot
6)he is the funniest guy I knew
7)he was honest (he tried to lie to me once trying to hide the fact that he went down to Cedar to ask my parent's permission to marry me - he didn't fool me for a minute)
8) he had a firm testimony of the gospel
9) he was hot
10) he was a good listener because he genuinely cared.
However, I can honestly say that I had no idea what a great guy I was marrying. I marvel everyday that I got so lucky - he is the best man that I know - the kind that does the right thing because it's right - not because it's easy.
I love that at 8 months gestation he tells me that he loves my curves and at 6:30 in the morning when I get up with Lily with my hair out of control, kitten breathe and mascara under my eyes, he tells me I'm beautiful. They're such sweet lies that I'll take them and not even call him on it.
Happy anniversary to the hottest man alive.
Aw, Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI laughed about the sippy cup. And the high centered car. And the window. Once right after we were married I went to drive somewhere in Garry's car and didn't realize that my own geo metro was parked right behind his car. I knocked that geo clean across the street and up onto the neighbor's curb. Good times, good times.
That's hilarious Sheri! I'm glad I'm not the only who has fun accidents.
ReplyDelete