One of our family new years resolutions was to be better at involving Lily in our nightly scripture study and FHE (along with having lessons more often than 1x month!). Well, although we direct our lessons toward Lily, I can't say whether she is getting anything out of them (based on the fact that she usually only listens to the first 1 minute before jumping off the sofa)- I make myself feel better by telling myself that at least we're setting a habit. However, the games and treats have her full attention!
About a week and a half ago we played "break the ice" - Lily took tuns helping each of us hammer out an ice cube which was fun for her - but not nearly as fun as violently throwing each of the ice cubes off the coffee table once the game was over. We found some of the ice cubes all the way in the bedroom!
This past week we filled out our NCAA brackets. The liahona would stop working if it was based on my faith in the BYU team making it past round two. However, I need to take this moment to gloat. It's the first day of the tourny and already I have twice as many points as Jordan. That should teach him to make fun of my top secret team picking methods. If I win he has to go buy me a blizzard. If he wins I have to make him baked Alaska. Keep your doors open DQ!
No comments:
Post a Comment