background

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ready for Vacation to Be Over

When I say vacation, I don't mean the kind where you go with your family to an all exclusive resort with your own private island. I mean the kind where your wife goes on vacation with your kid(s) and you spend the whole week alone at your apartment. Originally I thought that it would be quite the break. No crying, no poopie diapers, no wife unhappy with you because you didn't do what you told her you were going to do last week.

However, it has been quite the opposite. I wish they were home so that I could finally play with the toys. I wish they were home so that I could have a reason to read "10 little Dinosaurs". I wish they were home so that I could have someone to tickle (tickling yourself doesn't quite do the trick, you never get any joy out of making yourself squirm). Finally I wish they were home so that we could have peekaboo time, that time where you can put anything in front your head and they are amazed when you take it away and say "boo".

Happily it all ends tomorrow when the gang comes home. I'll even be glad the next day when I come home to see Lilly at work again "setting the house in order".

2 comments: