background

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our 15 Month Old Rascal part 2

With Lily turning 16 months tomorrow, I thought it was time to finish her 15 mo. post! Whoops. Lots of changes have come in the past month. Really, just two. I graduated!!! YEA ME (it's about stinkin' time!!!)  Jordan and I celebrated by going out to Olive Garden and also when I had come home from taking my last final I found that Jordan had gone to Costco and bought me several treats in excessive quantity. We then engorged ourselves and watched a red box.  He has been wonderful these past two years of school ~ never complaining about moving for school, giving up better jobs out of state for my school, or all the extra work he's had to do around the house, and penny pinching, because of school. He is just wonderful.

and.... Jordan got a new job! He applied for this job about a year ago, and Thanksgiving week they finally gave him a call back to set up an interview. Of course they were impressed with his dashing good looks, high level of intellect, and mild temperament. So, being the smart company that IM Flash is, they offered him a job. He starts January and is excited for the new challenge. His job title is a procurement agent (please tell me if I'm wrong honey).


With age Lily is becoming so much more fun!! And mobile (shopping is a nightmare)! I love it when she runs, her right arm chugs along side her, while her left hangs limp. Here are some pictures I've taken over the last month showing her spunky personality.


I love this picture just because she's standing like a dancer

I've got Lily well trained. As soon as the opening song for the Nutcracker comes on, she comes running from whatever part of the house to come dance in the living room. You can't really tell, but here she is twirling.

She's learned how to give kisses, along with the smacking noise. If you get one, be prepared for a very wet cheek!

Look at what I got into!

How do I get out of here?!!!!!

For the past two months the only way we can get her to hold still to get dressed or get her diaper changed is to hand her a book. Otherwise she wiggles, cries and gets poop EVERYWHERE. I guess she's just like adults - she likes to read while taking care of business :)

Don't pay attention to her outfit. I think this was 10 am and we were on our 3rd outfit for the day, so I was grabbing whatever warm clothes I could find. But here she is signing "banana". It was hard getting a good picture because she only signs it when I'm offering it to her, so she quickly signs the banana, and then runs to get her prize. She's been picking up signs like crazy!


She only says a few words: mommy, daddy, no and hi.

However, her signs include: baby, please, banana, more, all done, wash hands, hat, book and brush teeth.
Where's Lily?

Peek-a-boo!




She played in the laundry hamper for about 30 minutes. We didn't complain as we were able to get some cleaning done!
Little Helper!


Laundry is her favorite game! Lucky for her, there is usually a mountain of clothes that need to be folded.















Sweeping is becoming more difficult as she refuses to let me hold the broom. She's getting a little broom just her size for Christmas, so hopefully she will use that while I use the real broom. We can hope.







Yes, this is her trying to feed herself, and yes it is with a Tablespoon measure. She loves to hide her real spoons, so this was all I could find at the moment. She is still working on actually getting food onto the spoon, so usually she gets frustrated and lets me put a few spoonfuls into her mouth before she steals the spoon away again. Major messes, here we come!
It doesn't look like her hair has grown much in the past half year.

That is until you straighten out the curls. They are a little wild, but still darling!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! What a doll (what a terror?)! I hardly know Lily and yet I love her!!! You have great writing skills. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete