My baby is officially a toddler. Many would say that transformation happened on her 1 year birthday, or the day she started walking (waddling) efficiently across the room. No. She became a toddler today.
Jordan and I were sitting on the sofa playing with Lily who was frequently on and off the sofa. When the play time started to wind down, she tried to extend it by doing something she knows is naughty. She bit me! This is not what makes her a toddler as she has been doing this since she was 7 months old. Recently we have been more consistent at breaking her of the habit and she now knows it is a "no-no-no".
However, after 3 times of biting me in succession tonight and 3 different gentle, "no" - Jordan finally, a little more firmly, said "No Lily" as she was going in for another taste of my flesh. At this injustice she started to cry-looking at ME for sympathy (I'm the true victim! The one who had just been bitten 3 times!). When we ignored her alligator tears, she dramatically stumbled out of the room, still crying, waving !good bye!.
Flabbergasted Parents - meet Lily the Toddler.
I am picking up my first parenting book tomorrow at the library. Recommendations are appreciated.
Good luck! Trial and error is about what it takes I've decided. Although getting opinions from everyone and then figuring out what you like and what works for cute little Lily.
ReplyDeleteIf you find what works, tell me!! Cali is STILL biting Laney. Most of the time laney sort of deserves it for picking on her little sister, but still. Now she's moved onto pinching.
ReplyDeleteAs for laney, I can't help but stiffle a laugh when she runs out of the room, screams "good-bye" and slams the door. Since when do the teens start at age 3?
What a little drama queen. I love it!
ReplyDelete