9 Month well baby check up:
Height: 28.25 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 17lbs. 10 oz. (25th percentile)
Head Circumference: 44.5 cm (65th percentile)
Teeth: She recently got her top 4 teeth in addition to her bottom 2
Shoes!!!!! We call it the Lily tax- if you come over, be prepared for her to go explore your shoes.
Q: What's a pirates favorite noble gas?
A: Arrrrrr-gon (Argon)Mommy's Little Helper
Laundry- we're a great team. I fold laundry, she un-folds it.
So THAT's where babies come from!!! No wonder they are so clean, pure and good smelling!!!!
Let's go Shopping!
Happy Birthday Katie!!!!! My former MTC companion and roommate is honestly one of the most genuinely good sweet people I know. So imagine my delight when I got to spend her birthday with her!!!! Her hubby was out of town for national reserve training.
First we went to the Hoggle Zoo. I love the animals! Lily didn't like them as much as the crazy people at Wal Mart, but Katie and I had fun. Lily loves Katie, and let her hold her for longer than she lets most people. Probably because Katie rescued me when Lily was first born by helping baby sit while I was in school cause my day care canceled on me at the last minute.
Then it was time for birthday cookies!! They're made from devils food cake mix and frosting. So really they are just condensed, but utterly delicious cupcakes!
Nap Time Battles- Lily:1 Mommy:2
We had Lily's schedule down to a T- but then she got sick and discovered that this is really how she wants to take naps. I don't blame her, that's where I want to take my naps as well.
When I put her down, this is the look I get. Who can resist that? It breaks my heart every time
I got some sleep advice from my sis. and it seems to be helping. We're doing better about being consistent and building a nap time routine. Over the past 3 days it's gotten better but we still have a ways to go.
Who said prunes can't be fun?
We've discovered a beautiful park in Bountiful. I have definitely fallen in love with this city. I love our ward and the beautiful mountains, trees and parks. This particular park was up in the ritzy area of town. The house over looking the park reminded me of Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice. It felt like we were in Pemberely's gardens and Collin Firth should coming out of the pond any minute....

We don't have grass on the lot that our apartment is on, so this was Lily's first time really feeling grass against her skin. She was mesmerized!
Happy Fathers Day! I am constantly amazed at what a good man I married. Don't get me wrong, I knew he was fabulous (& foxy) when we were engaged, but I don't think I fully understood his awesomeness. He is a wonderful example of patience, caring, doing his duty without grumbling and always can make me laugh. I don't know what I love more, cuddling with Lily myself, or seeing Jordan cuddle with her. He is such a lovign and caring father. I remember vividly the first time he held her at the hospital, I saw him just melt as she wrapped him around her ittsy bitsy finger. Both Lily and I are lucky girls to have him in our lives. Plus he does the best "Rocket Ship" around!
I caught the first time Lily crawled on video!!!!!!! This was just June 17
WAIT!!! She is not supposed to be so big! We've missed out on so much!
ReplyDeleteYay, Lillers, good crawling! Keys to the car will motivate her in the future, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of her favorite nap place. Michelle's favorite sleeping place is on top of Daddy as well.
ReplyDelete