Lexi learned to clap this month! She started copying Lily one morning on the way to school as Lily was clapping along to "Follow the Prophet" and she wouldn't stop clapping the rest of the day. She would get the biggest grin on her face, fully aware of how wonderful we think her new trick is. Of course when Jordan got home just before their bedtime, she wouldn't do it for him. But during his prayer, when his eyes were closed, she started clapping again, until the end of the prayer when his eyes opened. Her favorite foods are chicken, goldfish crackers, broccoli, avocados. She is still taking a few steps at a time, but still always on the move, exploring.
Lucy:
Lucy learned to buckle herself up in her car seat this month! Woot woot for me! She is a friendly, warm little girl. She talks to just about everyone and knows how hilarious she can be. She has one special friend, Belle, who also happens to be invisible. She lives in the clouds but comes down to hang out with Lucy, especially when she's at the gym daycare. She has decided that little kids are cute and loves to play with them, especially her little sister. She still sprinkles her magical "sparkly Gills" on people that she loves. I asked her what they are and she said, "they are from my heart in the shape of stars." 2 weeks ago during the passing of the sacrament, she was looking at her picture of Nephi and asked, LOUDLY, "HIM DOING THE NAKED DANCE?". I feel like we are a circus at church. Today (4/22/15) she wanted to play primary, so she got the wooden spatula from the kitchen and put it in the Eifell tower. Lily did the scripture and prayer and Lucy sang a darling song. She is always humming or singing, but this was the first sweet song I've heard her sing. She actually sang it reverently and basically sang her testimony. It was something along the lines of "I know Jesus loves me." - I wish I had it recorded, but I also just enjoyed watching the sweet moment.
Lily:
She has made so much progress in her ballet and gymnastics, I am very proud of her for her dedication - she is often practicing at home and at gymnastics or ballet practices, she is very focused and tries her hardest. She understands the importance of going through hard things in order to get something important, such as, she thinks the barre at ballet is boring. However, she knows that if she wants to be a ballerina when she grows up, it is something she has to do. She also understands this about having to eat foods she doesn't like at dinnertime in order to get a dessert.
Happy Easter! Easter is a major holiday at our house, while my girls don't even know that St. Patrick's day even exists since they always seem to be on spring break during the holiday. We have always done books in the Easter baskets and I had a little too much fun collecting books for their baskets this year!
| Picture Perfect |
| "Zoom-Zoom-Zoomy!" Lexi always has entertainment! |
| Easter Morning |
We love when General Conference and Easter are on the same weekend. Lily and Lucy got pretty excited for General Conference this year, mainly because of all the good treats and, of course, getting to hear our beloved Prophet, President Monson. Unfortunately, this year, Jordan and Lily got sick on Saturday and Sunday (I got it on Tuesday) with a stomach bug, so not as many treats were eatten this year. But that didn't stop them from enjoying the weekend.
And big news! Lexi took her first step on Sunday of General Conference! It was right after President Monson spoke, of course she fell down, but she kept trying the rest of the day. I tried to get a video of her, but she never would do it when I had the camera out.
| I'm pretty sure that's not what Nephi meant by "Feast upon the words of Christ!" |
| Getting extra cuddles when she wasn't feeling well. |
| Lexi was a little too squirmy this month to sit still for her 10 month pictures, plus she just wanted to play with the camera. |
| First hike of the year at Brown County State Park |
No comments:
Post a Comment