Lily has been confused about babies ever since Christmas. She loved loved loved her fischer price nativity set and we told and retold the story every day. But the part of Baby Jesus coming out of her tummy is what started the confusion. Now we have friends that just had babies/are pregnant she has been talking about babies a lot.
Important Info: I am NOT pregnant.
She thinks she has a baby in her tummy, Daddy has a baby in tummy and so does everyone. Over Christmas she told Jordan's mom that I had a baby in her tummy (conveniently while I was not around to refute such stories). Today driving home from dance class she asked if I was going to have a baby tonight, because she is. She then talked the entire way about how we are going to dress our babies in matching monkey pajamas and asked if my baby is going to use a binkie, because hers will. I think she is more hungry for a little baby in the house than I am!
This next story happened a few months ago but it's worth recording.
Lily had been in her first dance class for about a month when suddenly she stopped enjoying dance class. She would go and sit by the mirror the entire 45 minutes. This went on for a few weeks. She would tell me she was scared of dance classes, ect. Now I would stay and watch dance through a window so I know nothing fishy was going on. I think it was because she was just barely 3 years old while the other girls were all 4 1/2 or 5.
One morning when we were getting ready to go and she was telling me she didn't want to go I thought I would try something different. I told her a story of Princess Lily the Ballerina who loved to dance and loved to go to dance class so she could learn to become a wonderful ballerina and make other people happy with her dancing. As soon as the story was over, she jumped up and wanted to go to dance class. She has loved dance class ever since. And since I've learned how important the stories I tell her about her are. I notice that even if I'm across the room and she's seemingly engrossed with something, if I'm telling a story about her to someone, she's listening and if affects how she views herself. I've tried to only tell positive stories and at night I tell stories about "Princess Lily" who is beautiful but also the kindest and sweetest princess ever and does lots of things to make other people happy.
She is convinced that Jordan is the beast/prince charming. He took her on their first daddy/daughter date per her request. Last Friday when we were getting ready to go on our babysitting swap date, she asked Jordan when she could go on a date with him. He immediately rearranged his schedule to fit her in the next day. They went to McDonalds for an hour and she loved it. It was all she talked about for the next 3 days.
Yesterday I woke up to her coming into my room asking, "Mommy, are we mermaids?"
Today at dinner she said, "Mommy, I want to buy you." Jordan, "You want to buy Mommy?" Lily, "Yeah, at the Dollar Store."
A few weeks later she said, "I need a baby present, for the baby boy I'm going to have tonight."
Lucy.
When I'm changing her diaper she puts her cute little toes in my face so I will tickle them.
If she ever gets a hold of toe nail polish she hands me the polish and then sticks her cute little toes in my face so I will pain them.
She has taken off with talking, but still communicates well without words. Her favorite part of Lily's dance class is that she gets a sticker on her hand like the other girls. Last week she kept pointing to her hand where the sticker used to be and then her mouth to indicate that she ate it. She did this at least 5 times while we were at Target and then as soon as she got home she "told" Jordan her story.
A sign that we play hide and seek too much - when ever Lucy hears somebody counting to 10, she instantly covers her eyes.
She walks in high heels better than I do.
In keeping up with her parana baby profile - she just got her 2 year molars.
She is a milk-aholic. I have hard time getting her to eat something other than milk. Her favorite second food - squishies. She won't eat fresh fruit or veggies, but she hasn't met a fruit/veggie combo squishie that she doesn't like.
Her 15 month stats were:
Length: 31 inches
Weight: 21lbs 1 oz
Head circumference: 47.5 cm
Her 18 month stats were:
Length: 32 inches
Weight: 21 lbs 12.5 oz
Head Circumference: 48 cm
No comments:
Post a Comment